January 22, 2014

day dreaming


I don't know if it's the sleep deprived nights or the bagillion monogrammed shams that I have pinned on my bedrooms board that have me dreaming of a new set up.  Most of the rest of the house has had some sort of upgrade and somewhere along the way our linens have been neglected.



When I found out I was pregnant I decided it was time to upgrade to a king bed. I was imagining myself 8-9 months down the road about to pop sharing a queen bed with a 6'5" husband and a cat that likes to cuddle in the middle of my side, no thanks. Since the upgrade, I have been to too distracted to purchase new linens for the larger real estate so I am ready for my big girl bed.

Currently we have a french caned headboard that I inherited from my grandmother like the one below. Just LOVE.


I'm intending to upholster over the caning. More like this one from Restoration Hardware…


For the bedding, I can't help but love white sheets (all you veteran mothers out there are probably laughing right now). Like the first image the classic embroidered border is lovely and will stand the test of time. This greek key pattern is stunning but I have already used it as a border in the drapes.


I am also obsessed with Leotine linens but cannot justify the price tag on the whole set. Maybe with a second job I could buy a sham or two. 


Other bedroom inspiration…




I'm looking forward to getting started on this project. With Landry sleeping 7+ hours at night lately I can justify the purchases because I will actually be spending time there. Anyone else looking to upgrade your linens?



one / two / three  / four / five / six / seven / eight


1 comment: