June 19, 2013

baby boy bounty




Lately I have been switching hats from jewelry designer to nursery planner/wannabe baby expert aka NESTING. The thought of getting to design a nursery has always been an exciting one and I love the extra challenge of not breaking the bank (hey, the kid's got to go to college right?). They say you're in one of two camps: total cutesy nursery or does a baby even live here?? nursery. I would probably fall in the latter category but am hoping to bring some homeyness to the space. With some safari/noah's ark inspiration here are some of my favorite pieces:



After doing tons of research I've decided that the Ikea Gulliver crib is the way to go. Call me crazy but this all birch piece is simple, sturdy, affordable, and gets great reviews from parents (you'll most likely have extra funds left over to get an "organic" foam mattress). Plus this article about Finnish babies traditionally sleeping in cardboard boxes with a lower rate of SIDS reenforced the fact that I just need to keep it simple. I also liked the Sundvik crib but it's out of stock till July. I purchased the Alliyah zebra rug from Overstock (last one in the 4x6 size) and can't wait for it to come in. The existing curtains in the nursery are the P. Kaufmann Jacobean fabric which I feel is a lovely neutral and won't need to be switched out. The 3.5' tall giraffe makes a cameo in a lot of nurseries on pinterest and after seeing it in our local Whole Earth Provision store it might be coming home with me. I also hear anything Aden and Anais is wonderful for baby and I love this graphic detail this fitted crib sheet. Rock on. Lastly, the baby animal prints from The Animal Print Shop are the cutest. I'd bet you can't go to their website without saying "awwwww". For you future mom's out there check out my nursery board for more inspiration. 


121 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment