September 24, 2013

nursery, check!


Hello home stretch! I can say that at almost 37 weeks preggo right? It's safe to say that we are pretty much done with Landry's nursery. There are probably some unglamorous details left but I always have time for that, right?! (biggest lie ever)


As one who is not into some major kiddo cheese (I'm one of those it's supposed to be for a baby but looks like an adult room kinda people), I love this nursery. Certainly digging my four foot giraffe and hoping Landry doesn't have nightmares with all the googly-eyed creatures in the room.

I tried to be super resourceful with this room and also pick some pieces that could translate into a big boy room. I found the glider on craigslist and the zebra rug was on super sale at Overstock.com. After a ton of research, we decided on the Ikea Guilliver crib in birch with an organic foam mattress and so far so good. I liked the simple design and the fact that it's mostly wood. The dresser/changing table was a donation from my parents and the shelving unit (securely attached to the wall) was an Ikea hack that went from black to gold. Quick, easy, and cheap. 


vintage 1970's military prints in Ikea frames

adorable monogrammed blanket I received at my last shower / handmade teething guard / aden and anais fitted sheet

What do you think!?




No comments:

Post a Comment