May 11, 2012

on top of the world

Prague - Merrick Jewels neon yellow vacation earrings, custom yellow crystal and rhinestone necklace, gold druzy and vintage rhinestone pendant necklace (F/W 2012 pieces - will be available at May FIG Market), Spotted wrap dress from BEE HIVE

Versailles - Merrick Jewels coral vacation earrings - similar coral earrings available HERE, my favorite monogram necklace

Versailles

Oh my goodness! Ryan and I just got back from our two week vacation to Europe. What a blasty. I'm pretty confident in saying that I ate my way through three countries - England, Czech Republic, and France. Fish and chips, Indian food, goulash, dumplings, Pilsner Urquelle - Czech beer, best falafel of my life in Paris (the size of a Chipotle burrito), crepes (let's not forget those), NUTELLA on anything, any cheese from the fromagerie, and of course tons of street food. You name it, I probably inhaled it.

Having visited London and Paris before I had a mild idea of what to expect but I think the hub's brain was about to spontaneously combust. Tons of history, paintings, monuments, culture. We spent two days at the Louvre and I felt like I had overdosed on Delacroix. BTW if you haven't gone to Europe, GO. Have yourself a glass of vino and purchase those tickets. You can even press the purchase button with your eyes closed like I did. Makes it much more dramatic.

Needless to say, I am BACK and ready to conquer. Nothing like a two week hiatus to bring you back to life in your business. I'm participating in my first market at the end of this month in Dallas (May 31 - June 2nd to be exact) and I am so PUMPED/have NO idea what I just got myself into. Gulp. The FIG market looked like a great place to get my product in front of the eyes of some new stores and buyers. I'll be in my studio churning out product till the cows come home. My travels have definitely helped with the designing process and encouraged me to stop over thinking designs. There are so many types of styles out there!! Every piece does not have to be so calculated. So expect a lot of daring pieces with wood, neons, mixed metals, and layers of different materials. I'm excited what the future WILL hold in my business, travels, and everyday life. Thanks for reading. Au revior!

2 comments:

  1. you are the most fashionable traveler ever! So cute. And love the yellow jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see more photos and what all of this European inspiration will result in jewelry-wise. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete