November 14, 2012

thanks to the table


As I'm finishing my orders from market, I find my mind has been wandering to holiday decorating. It seems as though every year I have these visions of a perfectly decorated casa {see below} with the appropriate mantle appointments, garland, frosted candles and everything you see from Martha Stewart {check out her book Entertaining it's amaze}. 

After the holidays are all said and done, I find myself fully satisfied with family time and good eats but my decor tank is only half full. Womp, womp, wompppp... Yeah, feel sorry for me. This year I started daydreaming of place settings, chargers, and monogrammed napkins in October and I thought I could really get it together in time for Thanksgiving. Tabletop indulgences...


rich textures for the thanksgiving table - feathers, patterns, marbled plates, and gilded pumpkins

Are you drooling yet????? And the food isn't even on the table...

 
glamour and gold baby and that calligraphy menu? a knockout

gold dipped stemware with organic greenery


monogrammed chevron placemats with leaflet gold chargers and I'm obsessed with the gold matte flatware

Gold seems to be the theme, no? As the big turkey day is next week and my "Thanksgiving table" looks the same as last year - *le sigh*. Butttt I do admit I have some gorgeous things to work with and I think I can get my act together to primp {errr pimp?} my tabletop for a little fete next week. My momma always told me to buy classic so with the right seasonal accessories {napkins, place cards, center table decor} these classics can translate for any holiday. Good thing because china ain't cheap!

gold chargers, gold aves salad plates, gold rimmed white dinner plates (not pictured) black lizard placemats, and waterford lismore crystal goblets

Add monogrammed napkins via my Brother sewing machine, custom place cards, some fall florals and I think we have ourselves a set! 

How do you decorate for Thanksgiving?? Please pass on any tips!!


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

No comments:

Post a Comment