May 01, 2013

celebrate life




Well, there has been a lot going on around here to say the least. I've been in the studio for the past couple of days prepping for my trunk show with One Posh Place in Grapevine (this Saturday from 10:30 - 8:00) and also dealing with some emotional hurdles as well. 

Over the past couple of weeks that crazy kooky elderly couple that you have watched under the hashtag #elfenixwednesdays on my Instagram have fallen ill and both have seen better days. As my mom puts it - getting old sucks. My grandfather is in the hospital with a pending amputation of his foot (partially because of his diabetes and the other part infection) and my grandmother is checked in at my parent's house in a hospice bed with 1-2 weeks to live. Did I mention getting old sucks? 

When I got up this morning I had no idea what I was going to blog about until the silk scarves that I had gathered from my grandmother's bedroom caught my eye. The epitome of her style and the way I'm sure she would want to be remembered - hair done up, big sunnies, and of course a chic accessory framing her face. These scarves will be some of my greatest treasures. I decided they would make a great backdrop for some of my new jewelry pieces and I realized what a tribute it would be in such dire straights. 

I'm here to create because she created. 

So, let's celebrate life and the joys it has brought and honor our legacies. Much love to these two beautiful ladies. 






No comments:

Post a Comment