March 07, 2013

the kitten wedge

image via

The image above originally got my head spinning about warmer temperatures and spring sandals (especially the pair on the right). Now, I have gladiator sandals, high wedges, thong sandals, and some summer-y bling bling shoes in my closet but do not have any low height wedges. I've been seeing these guys pop up here and there so I'm going to go ahead and call this a trend for spring/summer. Ladies rejoice! Finally a trend that involves comfort! The low wedge heel is enough to be flirty yet super functional. Plus, as I approach the 'dirty thirty' maybe a lower heel wouldn't be such a bad idea... I'm on board. 

I've put together some of my favorites for the season. Loving the mix of metallics and soft nude leather, I'm debating between #1 and #5. 




1. Sam Eddleman Sutton wedge - $125 at Piperlime
2. Kate Spade New York Vita snake wedge - $258 at Neiman Marcus


3. J.Crew Lilian suede low wedge - $178

4. Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Lita low wedge - $250 on Shopbop 


5. Sam Eddleman Sophie wedge - $125 at Piperlime
Are you excited about the "kitten wedge"!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment