June 15, 2012

for the love of turquoise







First and most importantly, happy Friday! Yes, finally the weekend. This post will be brief because I am headed to one of my favorite cities for a girl's weekend. I'm pumped about hanging out with my precious friend, Lauren, and some of my sorority sistaaaas that I haven't seen in a while.

Here's a project I just finished for one of my mom's friends. Barbara had this unique vintage rhinestone brooch that she wanted to translate into a more modern piece of jewelry. No use letting this good stuff go to waste. Repurposing is a typical Merrick Jewels project and I love doing it. Not only does it create a new piece of jewelry out of something you already own but allowing you to ENJOY a piece that you would not normally wear. I added turquoise, our favorite stone here in Texas, to keep the piece fresh, casual, and not competing with the brooch. What do you think? Do you have any pieces that you would like to repurpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment