August 03, 2012

DIY do's - relaxed workout shirt


Cute right???

A cruel friend convinced me to go to a spin class this morning at 5:45am. Meaning I woke up at 4:50am and the moon was still out.

Moon.still.out. Vom.

I don't know how you people do it. This is not prime time for me buttt I went  and made it through without even taking a siesta on my bike. And honestly, it was nice to get up and get so much done. It might have even been... fun???  Sooo, freshly inspired by my feat, I decided to tackle this DIY workout shirt that I have been seeing on our favorite black hole of procrastination we call Pinterest.

Let me break down the DIY do's for this project...



Read the directions carefully. You can find them in detail at Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth. You'll want to do the steps in order. This seems self-explanatory but is somehow hard for me because I consider myself a self-proclaimed DIY expert and therefore exempt from following "boring" steps - also why I cannot bake. Umm yeah. After reading the directions here are a couple of pointers to keep you from throwing your workout shirt in le garbage can.

Tips:
 - I picked out one of Rman's frat Tshirts (the more frattiness the better). I would advise using a shirt larger than you would normally wear. This gives you enough volume and length to make a suitable tank not a crop top.


- Make sure you get some sharp scissors to make clean cuts. If it looks jagged then it looks janky. Looking janky defeats the purpose of getting fit.
- I had to cut the neck a little larger than pictured. It helps to try on your Tshirt after several of the cuts to make sure you are headed in the right direction.

Lolz, cats always get involved.


Reminds me of this...


- Don't forget on Step 4 to cut only the back section of the armholes to form the razorback. I cut the front and back pieces the same and then had to go back and re-angle just the back portion. Doing this takes out some of the fabric for your razorback wrap.
- On Step 5  - IMPORTANT - leave a long enough end so that you can tie another knot when you come back up the razorback. Also, when you tie your knot make sure it is on the outside of your shirt instead of the inside or it will not lay right.

Voila! You likey?



-

No comments:

Post a Comment